This idea’s aim is twofold: improve our news gathering and better engage readers.
Global Voices would provide a platform (open to everyone who has a verifiable email) that allows the following:
- Readers to suggest story ideas
- Authors to pitch story ideas (their own, or inspired by readers’ suggestions)
- Editors to select story ideas to be developed for Global Voices
- Readers to add to the ideas in production (sending links to blog posts, social media mentions, and updates, if they are on the ground, as well as their own creative commons licensed videos, photos, audio, content – by submitting it, it would be CC could be part of the terms and conditions)
- Readers to vote which stories they want to read (or we should prioritise).
Other features (many of these would be automated):